Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Statues in a Classroom

Rifling through my phonebook, this somehow seems wrong. SPU has been gone for months, yet their names and numbers still clutter up my SIM card like statues in a classroom, bringing back memories … … … but ultimately wasting space. Still though, when you destroy a statue aren’t you, in some way, destroying the memory? I think I was standing behind the door when God was handing out sentimentality, and so I don’t feel remorse as much as I feel that I should feel remorse. It’s the eery disquiet that you hear when someone’s very carefully not making noise. Nicole Myr … delete… silence. Brice Budke … delete … silence. David Steinke … delete … silence. Tabitha Trosen… delete … silence. Lacey Keiser … delete …

and then all there was was silence.

4 comments:

Sarah McMurray said...

That is a weird feeling...I just did that too. It's so strange! Hope you are well Roberto! ;-)

Alissa said...

Don't delete me!

-Alissa

Renae said...

Did you delete me...eh hemmm??? Anyway, I miss you and if we lived in the same country maybe we'd talk on the phone! Or maybe we should venture out and try the old skype! I haven't used it in ages!

marla ellyn said...

Did I make the cut!?!? Or has my lack of skype finally caught up to me...